So Greengrassjelly and I have the honour [yes with a “u”] to have been nominated for the Liebster Award again! This time, it was not just once, but TWICE.
- Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So….since two of us are answering these questions…. [RBM] will be Redbeanmochi, and [GGJ] will be Greengrassjelly 🙂
Miss Cupcakees Questions:
- How did you get into blogging about drama?
[RBM] Muahahaha I dragged GGJ into blogging with me…but I don’t actually know how I started. I think it was an impulsive, whimsical decision that turned out pretty well 🙂
[GGJ] As RBM mentioned, she was the one that came up with the idea and I just jumped on 😉 But I’m really glad she asked me to be a guest blogger, because it’s so nice to connect with others who love TW (and asian) dramas as much as we do. Being able to dig deeper and talk about the dramas beyond the superficial aspects is always a pleasure!
- What is your all-time favourite drama trope that you can watch over and over again?
[RBM] contract marriages (that sounds so bad ) – I mean it in the sense that the two parties sign a contract for mutual benefit forcing close living quarters…and then warm feelings developing… squeeeeeeee
[GGJ] Oooo, RBM stole a good one… Okay, besides that, I’d say (as dark as it sounds) when Person A tries to save Person B and somehow gets sick/hurt and then Person B takes care of Person A and feelings develop in that state of vulnerability. Especially if the two start out as hating each other 😛
- Who is your favourite OTP and why? (I asked this during my previous Liebster Award post but it doesn’t hurt to ask it again).
[RBM] CHEN BOLIN AND ARIEL LIN. oh you mean it can’t be the real life people? Phooey…. Li Da Ren and Chen You Qing. LOOK HOW
CUTE ADORABLE LKDSJFLKSJDFLKSDJF GODDANGPERFECT THEY ARE….
[GGJ] RBM might have a few opinions about this, but LAN LING WANG AND YANG XUE WU!!! I don’t necessarily think Feng Shao Feng and Ariel Lin are a perfect pair, but their characters are perfect for each other. The looove!
- Who do you have the most severe SLS (second lead syndrome) towards?
[RBM] Hahahahaha GGJ knows EXACTLY who my pairing is…
[GGJ] Daniel Chan’s Yu Wen Yong is definitely high up on the list, but I’d have to go with Yoon Pil Joo from The Greatest Love, played by Yoon Kye Sang.
- What is your favourite MV? Link me please!
[RBM] README – this is JJ Lin’s Sha Shou MV (about a stalker). It’s a bit creepy, so don’t play it if you’re not comfortable. I like it because it’s so different from typical TW songs/MVs.
[GGJ] As of recent, I really like Insignificance by Hebe Tien. It’s very breathtaking, and very Hebe-style: mysterious, intriguing, moving.
- What is one drama that you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not?
[RBM] Absolute Boyfriend. Goo Hye Sun….just no.
[GGJ] Ti Amo Chocolate. There was little chemistry, poor acting, and it dragged on for 80 episodes…
- Poor girl, rich guy. Write up a drama plot revolving around them.
[RBM] Poor girl is a hardworking, sassy, takes-no-attitude-from-idiots type of girl. Rich guy is lazy a** who lives off his parents – did I mention he’s a prince? Then one day, poor girl gets an assignment to go assassinate him. Which she does, after a few near misses. Plot twist? His parents ordered it.
[GGJ] Poor girl grew up as an orphan and has learned to be tough and independent at a young age, and has joined the Mafia for survival. Rich guy is a widower with a young daughter, and has forgotten how to be happy and how to live. A drug deal goes wrong and the girl gets the blame for it, and ends up hiding out in the rich guy’s car. His daughter finds the girl and takes her in without him knowing, and she hides out with the little girl. The poor girl eventually leaves but the little girl follows her, because she doesn’t think her dad cares about her anway. And so through the drama the three of them learn to love and how to be loved again…
- Who are some guys that you can just stare at for days and nights without having them to even do anything?
[RBM] godfrey gao…
[GGJ] Vic Zhou!
- What are you currently studying/have studied etc. or what is your current job (if you are currently working)?
[RBM] I’m in uni, studying how to be an adult.
[GGJ] I’m in college as well, trying to figure out my life.
- What are some places you want to visit (it can be fictional or not) and where in the world do you currently reside? (I know, I cheated with asking 11 questions in all but hey, rules are meant to be broken!)
[RBM] I want to visit: Taiwan, Hogwarts, 221B Baker St. S. Korea, every country in the world. I currently live in the world’s refrigerator/freezer.
[GGJ] I’d love to be able to visit every country in the world, but high on my list are: Japan, France, Italy, Greece, Australia, Brazil, Argentina and Chile, and I’m actually in the process of moving.
Hei Sui’s Questions:
- What was your favorite drama of 2013 and why?
[RBM] I actually didn’t watch too many 2013 dramas, but I’d probably say Master’s Sun or Prince of Lan Ling
[GGJ] I wasn’t actually able to follow many 2013 dramas either, but of the few, Prince of Lan Ling hands down. I don’t think I can stress enough how much I love period dramas, not to mention the casting was good and the OST was beautiful. The story started with light and sweet, and then showed the maturation and development of the characters well.
- What are your top two bromances?
[RBM] two? I just have this one…
(credits to http://adramagifs.tumblr.com/tagged/panda+and+hedgehog/page/2)
[GGJ] Lin Yo Wei and Leroy Young from Two Fathers, that’s all 🙂
- Are there any actors or actresses that have become one of your new biases/favorites lately?
[RBM] KIM WOO BIN
[GGJ] Daniel Chan. After Prince of Lan Ling, I couldn’t get enough of him, so I watched Love SOS, which was average, but hey, he was in it 😛
- Favorite screencap, still, poster, etc. lately?
[GGJ] It’s been a while, but like I haven’t been able to keep up with more recent dramas 😦
- What character(s) are you similar to, or what character(s) do you relate to the most?
[RBM] Tian Tian from Amour et Patisserie
[GGJ] Jeong Seon from Prosecutor Princess
- List one new year’s resolution for 2014.
[RBM] Make enough time for studying AND dramas… [haha never going to happen]
[GGJ] Branch out of my comfort zone and try new things. That can be applied to school, activities, life, etc., but specific to dramas, I’d like to give dramas from countries I don’t usually follow more of a chance (ie more Japanese, Korean, American, and British dramas).
- Himono-onna or suteki-joshi?
- (to clarify: suteki-joshi basically means “beautiful/lovely girl”. It is the opposite of himono-onna in the sense that, a suteki joshi is always refreshing and sparkling. hehe.)
[RBM] Himono-onna!!! A Himono-onna has the literal translation of a “dried-fish woman”, but apparently her characteristics are not that she’s not pretty, just that she doesn’t try to please others outside of work, and would rather spend her time in comfy clothes sans makeup at home rather than going on dates. Sign me up!
[GGJ] Ditto 🙂
- What is another one of your guilty pleasures? (besides dramas )
[RBM] baking! Maybe that’s why I loved Amour et Patisserie so much….
[GGJ] Anything beauty related, but most often, NAIL POLISHING!!!
- How would you like to be remembered in the blogosphere?
[RBM] As a slightly eccentric but ever-loving overlord. Just kidding. uh…erm…as someone who’s nice, fair when judging dramas (HA never going to happen), and talks to her followers?
[GGJ] As encouraging exposure to and dialogue about dramas, specifically TW dramas, that may be overlooked in the grand scheme of things, ie Dramaland.
- What is your favorite theme song?
[GGJ] Heart of Palms by Della Ding
Questions For OUR Nominees!
1. What got you into dramas?
2. If you could have any job, what would it be?
3. If you could pick any character out of a drama as a significant other, who’d it be?
4. What do you look for in dramas?
5. Have you ever “converted” someone into becoming a drama addict? 😛
6. If so…how many?
7. Would you choose to live without rice for 1,000? 5,000?
8. Favourite Disney song?
9. Create a dating profile for a your favourite drama character
10. Favourite dish/food shown in a drama?